Thursday 4 November 2010

Mini! No One Takes Me Further Than You...

I love the Museum of London. I had a great time when I went to the opening of their new galleries earlier this year. And they have so many cool things going on there, it sometimes feels like its impossible to read about all of them, let alone write about them.

So I was pleased to be able to feature them on londonist this week. It's a great story, and really suits the quirky, fun nature of this museum and what I think is its can-do attitude to its fantastic new space.

And, I love The Italian Job. It's such a classy film. (I hated it when I first saw it: I was very young and basically lacked the mind-tools required for coping with the inconclusive ending...) I remember trying to talk to my Italian students about it when I worked in Rome: I think the example I was trying to make was for the word "cliff-hanger". My explanations were met with blank faces. It's obviously not one of those films that's crossed borders.

Plus, minis are simply cool. No two ways about it.
Read Mini Coopers Replace Lord Mayor's Coach at Museum of London on londonist
Photo shows The Italian Job Minis in the City Gallery, with the Lord Mayor's Coach behind. Image courtesy of Museum of London

No comments:

Post a Comment