Tuesday 18 January 2011

Arts Ahead 18 - 24 January


Arts Ahead for this week, and it was high time the art section of my column got some proper attention.

So, a great image, and some lovely recommendations. The Royal Academy, the London Art Fair, Tate Modern's new one, and something curated by the Scissor Sisters all made it into the mix.

One thing that struck me while I was putting together this week's piece was The Country Girl at the Apollo, and its great review from the Telegraph. Billington quite liked it too. And yet I've heard nothing about this play the whole time it's been on. Nothing from PRs requesting previews / offering interviews. Nothing in terms of reviews when it opened. And now its closing earlier than we had listed. I guess it's just one of those things... a quiet success that passed most people by.
Read the rest of Arts Ahead on www.londonist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment