Tuesday 11 January 2011

Arts Ahead 11 - 17 January


It's the usual story for culture in January. A few new things opening, and an OVERWHELMING slew of things closing. Things that you've said for the last three months, "Oooh, I'd quite like to see that," and not done anything about it.

Well now, you're doomed to never see them. Doomed, I say. January weekends are full of people's birthdays (I have an almost comically long list of friends with birthdays in January) and work requests are flowing with the speed of an entire company with New Year's Resolutions to keep.

So, so long Gauguin, Canaletto, the vowel-happy Eadweard Muybridge, Rachel Whiteread, and Damian Ortega. I'm sorry I missed you, but alas, the chance is now gone.

On a more positive note, I'll start the year with some Shakespeare: the RSC's As You Like It at the Roundhouse on Monday. Looking forward to it.
Check out the rest of this week's Arts Ahead on londonist
Photo by Johan Persson shows Marianela Nunez and Carlos Acosta in Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment