Thursday 26 August 2010

Theatre News: Our Kev does Dicky III

There's loads of long-range theatre news about this week.

My favourite being the annoucement that Kevin Spacey's going to do Richard III at the Old Vic for 2012. And it'll be directed by none other than that chap Judi Dench described as "My dear boy" when he was about 16 and starting out, Sam Mendes.

Now there's something to get excited about in the Olympic year. There's a show I'd sign up for ticketing alerts and endure endless near-irrelevant emails in the meantime...

In my head it's all modern and twitchy, and Our Kev's grown a moustache to signify that he's a bit evil, and all the women are played by total stars. But that's just in my head.

We'll have to wait and see.
Read the rest of this week's theatre news here

No comments:

Post a Comment