Thursday 17 June 2010

In Which I Mention Glee in the Context of Work!

So, here's some theatre news for you on a Thursday evening...

Which is exciting because I'm able to mention Glee in the context of work. Hee hee!

I saw the first Glee show, and thought it was cool, but didn't really get hooked.

A few mates prodded me, telling me it was exactly the kind of thing I'd love, and one Sky+ setting later, I became a confirmed Gleek.

It's the only show I watch at the moment. (Although it finished its most recent series earlier this week, so technically I'm down to no permanent TV shows at present. Humph.)

I love it. I love it because the dialogue makes me gasp. The musical numbers make me laugh. The characters are scarily well-written. It's beautifully acted. And for me, it's just fantastically well-made TV.

Now I've learnt a bit more about the stars, thanks to a fellow Gleek ET, and found out how many of them have come from musical theatre, I'm even more interested. So, here's the first of the gang to hit the West End:
Thursday Theatre News: Tonys, We Will Rock You, Anthony Sher, and Estelle Parsons and GLEE!

Earlier this week, Broadway's Tony Awards were a real pat on the back for London’s theatre scene.
Gongs went to several shows which began in London: the Donmar’s Red (about Mark Rothko) won six in all, including Best Play.

Read more on the Visit London Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment