Tuesday 22 September 2009

Theatrical Excitement: An Inspector Calls

I've been excited about this for a while now: happily, I've just secured press tix for An Inspector Calls at the Novello Theatre for Thursday night.

And even better, I've been able to persuade JC to come along.

I have to admit, I know very little about the play: I've been trying to keep it that way, so I can actually see something with fresh eyes for a change. I know, I know: it's the sort of thing people (WG) study at school. My school? No sir. Let's not forget I studied Twelfth Night every (exam) year from the age of 11 to 18. A good play, of course, but a studying schedule that won't encourage breadth on the same scale as depth. There's something to be said for teachers that adhere to the National Curriculum, I think you'll find.

So aside from the rain; the awards; and a lead that comes from theatreland rather than celebland, I'm trying to remain in the dark about the play.

I did read this really interesting profile of Stephen Daldry in the Guardian in May. Sounds like a very interesting chap.

Am reviewing for londonist, so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment