Friday 22 April 2011

Theatre News: Clybourne Park wins Pulitzer and some London Theatre Casting News


Hurrah for Clybourne Park. It's won another award: a Pulitzer, which sounds super-impressive. I loved this show when I saw it; you can read my review here on my work blog.

In other news, Samantha Womack (who's really famous due to EastEnders, but will always be Samantha Janus or Mandy from Game On to me) is going to lead the cast as Nellie Forbush in South Pacific when it comes to the Barbican later in the summer. Guiltly secret: I've still never seen a musical at the Barbican. I don't know; that venue is so perfect for the Things Zoe Should Love about London category, but always teeters off into Slightly Exhausting Things about London alongside similarly perplexing institutions like the Southbank Centre's website, and the Proms.
Anyway, here's the rest of this week's Theatre News from the Visit London Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment