Friday 23 July 2010

Spotted: Samuel Barnett, AA Gill, Michael Grandage and...

When: last night
Where: at the National Theatre

Ahh, press nights at the National. I never fail to be impressed and goggle-eyed at all the various theatrey, actorly types that show up on opening night.

At last night's performance of Danton's Death, I spotted History Boy Samuel Barnett, Olivia Williams (I think), critics galore including AA Gill, and directors Michael Grandage and Rupert Goold. (The latter was almost comically tanned.)

Funnily enough, I'd spotted lots and lots of boys who looked like the could've been History Boys at one point or another throughout the evening.

Then, on the way out, I spotted Samuel Barnett, chatting to another couple in the foyer. "Ooh, look! A History Boy," I whispered to JC.

Two minutes later, he wakes up and says "Was that guy in the white shirt famous?" Ye-es. "He looked cool - very down-to-earth, and not at all showy" was JC's reaction.

Image shows Samuel Barnett, photo © Joseph Marzullo from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment