Tuesday 6 July 2010

Arts Ahead 6-12 July from Londonist

This week's Arts Ahead for londonist comes with a heavy dose of jealousy.

No, I don't have tickets to La Bête at the Comedy Theatre. No, I'm not seeing I Was Staring At The Ceiling And Then I Saw The Sky at Theatre Royal Stratford East. Nor am I seeing Mr Boys in Wolfboy, but I have to say that sounds slightly dubious to me...

No, I didn't go to the press preview of Jean Nouvel's amazing-looking Serpentine Pavillion Gallery. (Well done Dean and JP on their ace pieces about all that redness). But I'll probably see it soon...

I don't even have the smug feeling induced by having a review to link to in the Last Chance To See section.

But here, despite all this, is your link to what's new and cool and exciting in London this week. Aren't I selfless, giving you all this, and taking nothing for myself??
La Bête opens at Comedy Theatre tomorrow, starring big theatre names Mark Rylance, David Hyde Pierce and Joanna Lumley. It's the story of a dramatist, a clown and a princess. Also opening tomorrow is I Was Looking At The Ceiling And Then I Saw The Sky at the Theatre Royal Stratford East, about the effects of a LA earthquake on a bunch of 20-somethings.
Read more from me on londonist

No comments:

Post a Comment