Sunday 14 December 2008

Musical Excitement: Sunset Boulevard

How stunning is this picture?!

I've been interested in Sunset Boulevard since listening to Elaine Paige singing (the grammatical awkwardness of) As If We Never Said Goodbye on some Divas compilation of Mum's.

Then, a few Christmases ago we watched Amy's Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Royal Albert Hall Celebration and Glenn Close doing her fantastically nutty performances as Norma Desmond.

That night, I headed straight to wiki, to find out more about this musical that I recognised the songs from, but had never seen, nor knew anything about.

So, I was really excited to hear that Sunset Boulevard was coming to the West End this Christmas.

Two cheeky emails to PTA, and I've been offered two press tickets to the day after press night. Which is good enough for me.

Watch this space for the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment